Tuesday, 5 July 2011

Timeout

I had the house all to myself last weekend -- no housemates, no parent to run errands for, no volunteer shifts.  So I did some baking and made some of these:


And filled them up with pastry creme, topped chocolate fondant.  They were a little rough, but I gave some to my favourite cafe.  In return, there were lots of smiles and laughter.  And my empty bowl was filled with amazing bread, and cakes, still warm from the oven.

I also gave some to friends.  Sweets, late on a Saturday afternoon. 

It was good to connect.

It was great to reconnect.

And I made some of these too, on a rainy Sunday:


Although, most of them didn't work.  All, maybe except for one. 

And a few loaves of sourdough, well into the next morning: 


They too, were given to friends.  In brown paper packages.

I was given some hazelnuts, still wrapped in dried leaves, and promises of eggs from happy hens.

And one of my friend dropped this off at my door step.  Handmade.


It made me so happy :)

2 comments:

  1. and you made all of us so happy too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's my pleasure!

    Thank you for the gift of hazelnuts -- they might come back as biscotti :)

    ReplyDelete