Tuesday, 12 June 2012

Sunday field trip

Last weekend I had a "field trip" with my photography class, in the alleyways of Hobart, where you can get a fresh set of needles for a basement bargain price of $2. We were doing portraiture, and were lucky enough to have 3 models and 2 locations to work with.

I've always found photographing people difficult and subconsciously avoid them. I was ill-prepared and had no vision with what I wanted the models to do. Good thing the rest of my classmates had better ideas, and were able to direct the models better!

Anyway, here's some of the photos from the day, taking another step out of my comfort zone.


A big thank you to the gorgeous models for volunteering their time, on a Sunday, no less :)  I had a lot of fun and am inspired to take more portraits!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're enjoying the class, and these photos are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do really enjoy the classes, especially the practical. Theory can be a little... dry... but understandably necessary! I'm doing it with Steve Lovegrove (http://www.stevelovegrove.com/), who is an amazing, award winning photographer. So lucky to be in his class!

      Delete