Friday, 3 May 2013

Milkwood Urban Permaculture Design


For the past two weeks I've been a busy bee, studying with the Milkwood folks, learning about urban permaculture designs. It was pretty intense and tiring at times, but it was so worth it.  We had access to a great set of teachers, who were not only intelligent and knowledgeable, but were also great communications of ideas. My fellow students were a great mix of people, fun and smart. We're already forming a little Hobart community, and that's just fabulous :)

I've come away with a renewed enthusiasm to tackle my garden. It doesn't matter if I don't stay here, someone will always benefit. There might not be swales, but I can already see grape vines and wicking beds on my balcony, sheet mulching on my fruit trees and comfrey in the garden. Oh, and chooks. Definitely some chooks.

Now that I'm gainfully unemployed, there's so much more time to explore permaculture!

1 comment:

  1. I am somewhat envious I didn't get to take this course, but then I got to go to Peru...

    Full-time work really imposes on my ability to research, learn, study, write and do. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with your new-found time!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete